The 2018-2019 school year marks my 4th year teaching and serving the public as an Educator. In years prior, I could be found serving the public coffee at a local Starbucks, or as a Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort (#plaid). I have worked in finance call centers, as well as with families in their homes as a behavioral therapist--the core of these jobs being customer service, a skill that has served me well as a teacher.
2018-2019 has also been a year of growth and learning, I recently earned the title of Google for Education Certified Trainer. Additionally, I have implemented Google Classroom, Rocketbook Pages, Mastery Learning, Flexible Seating, and Equitable Grading into my classroom. I am looking to move forward with better Desmos integration and more Project Based Learning opportunities.
In the future, I would like to help increase the percentage of Google Certified Educators in our district and work toward making CNUSD an ISTE Distinguished District.
Certifications and Recognitions:
- June 2018: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- September 2018: CNUSD Tweetcher of the Month, Norco High School Staff Member of the Month
- October 2018: Common Sense Educator
- December 2018: Google Certified Educator Level 2
- January 2019: Microsoft Innovative Educator
- March 2019: Staff Member of the Month Nomination
- April 2019: Completed MIE Trainer Academy and Creating a Digitally Inclusive Learning Community Learning Path Certifications, EdPuzzle Coach, FlipGrid Certified Educator Level 1, Staff Member of the Month Nomination
- May 2019: Google for Education Certified Trainer
Additional Passion Projects and Ongoing Learning:
Have Courage, and Be Kind.